- Apply online here!
Forms should be submitted online, not in print
- Supplemental Data Sheet & Foreign Language Proficiency Form
These forms are uploaded to the online application form. Please be sure to fill out ALL sections of the form, including the Language Proficiency section on the last page.
- Statement of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose is an opportunity for you to provide information that is not included in other application documents and serves as an indication of your writing ability. It should be 500-700 words.
- Official Transcripts
Transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended beyond secondary school must be included, even if you did not receive a degree from a specific institution. Junior and study abroad institution transcripts must only be included if the course titles and grades are not on your home institution’s transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation
At least two letters of recommendation are required, although three are recommended. Recommendations must be in English.
Resumes may be longer than one page and should reflect professional, volunteer, and/or internship experience.
- Standardized Tests
Applicants are encouraged to submit one set of standardized test scores: GRE/GMAT, or LSAT depending on applicant (see application requirements). Applicants whose native language or primary education language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Non-refundable $90 Application Fee
Your application fee can be paid online by credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard only. We do not accept cash, wire transfers, bank transfers, or checks.
Note: Five-year BSFS/MSFS and BSBA/MSFS program applicants must also upload and submit the supplemental form for five-year accelerated program applicants.
Georgetown University accepts applications through a secure, electronic submission process. When you apply online, you have convenient access to an electronic checklist detailing what application items have or have not been received. The checklist is posted the day after you submit your application. Online recommendations are automatically updated to a status of “received” when submitted by the recommender. MSFS does not accept paper applications.
The MSFS application deadline is January 15.
Note: Application materials submitted separately, such as transcripts, test scores, and hard copy recommendations, are not attached to your application until you have actually submitted it. Please allow some time after you submit your application for your supplementary items to be matched and uploaded. In peak periods, items may take up to two weeks to be reflected on your application.
Application Fee Waivers
Applicants with any of the following statuses may be granted application fee waivers:
- McNair Scholars
- Pickering Fellows
- PPIA Fellows
- Rangel Fellows and Scholars
- AmeriCorps alumni
- Foreign Fulbright Scholars
- Graduates from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- Teach For All (including Teach For America)
- Truman Scholars
- Members of the U.S. Military
- MSFS Africa Scholarship Applicants
Please contact email@example.com with your fee waiver request and documentation confirming your status at least a week before you plan to submit your application. Please also upload the documentation confirming your eligible fee waiver status with your application materials.
Recommended (Optional) Application Materials
- Standardized Test Scores (GRE or GMAT)
- Personal Video Submission that appropriately responds to the topic provided.
Topic: Service is one of the core values of the MSFS program. Please provide a short video (maximum two minutes) describing your commitment to service and how you plan to live out that value during and after completion of the program.
Instructions for Video Upload:
- Record a video response to the topic that is no longer than two minutes. Applicants should appear alone in their personal videos and speak to the camera directly.
- If you record the video on a phone, transfer the file to a laptop or desktop computer.
- Rename the file using the format “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.”
- Please ensure the names exactly match the names used on your application, for example, “Smith_Jonathan.”
- Upload the file using the Box.com upload widget (to the right of this text). Once you choose a file to upload, please provide:
- Your full first and last name in the “File Description” field (e.g., “Jonathan Smith”)
- The email address associated with your MSFS application (e.g., “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
- Ensure you check the appropriate box on the Supplemental Data Sheet indicating you have uploaded your optional video.
Note: If you need assistance uploading your video submission, contact the office.