MSFS encourages students with strong academic records, international experience, and a commitment to our values to apply for our program. You can submit your application online via a secure system managed by Georgetown University.
Have questions about the program? Find out more about MSFS on our About and Admissions FAQs pages. You can connect with MSFS through email, campus visits, recruitment events, and online video chats. We look forward to hearing from you!
The MSFS application deadline is January 15th.
We accept applications through a secure, electronic submission process. We do not accept paper applications. Through our system, you have convenient access to an electronic checklist showing you which application items we have received. The checklist is posted the day after you submit your application.
Note: Application materials submitted in addition to your online application, such as transcripts and hard copy recommendations, will not be reflected in your application status until your application is submitted. Please allow up to two weeks after submission for your supplementary items to be reflected on your application checklist.
The MSFS application consists of the following materials:
- Supplemental Data Sheet & Foreign Language Proficiency Form
Upload these forms through our online application system. Please be sure to fill out ALL sections of the form, including the “Language Proficiency” section on the last page. Note: Five-year BSFS/MSFS and BSBA/MSFS program applicants must also upload and submit the supplemental form for five-year accelerated program applicants.
- Statement of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your writing ability and to provide information that is not included in other application documents. It should be 500-700 words.
- Official Transcripts
Transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended beyond secondary school must be included, even if you did not receive a degree from a specific institution. Junior and study abroad institution transcripts must only be included if the course titles and grades are not on your home institution’s transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation
We require at least two letters of recommendation, although providing three is recommended. Recommendations must be in English.
Resumes may be longer than one page and should reflect professional, volunteer, and/or internship experience.
- Standardized Tests
Applicants whose native language or primary education language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Applicants are also encouraged to submit one set of standardized test scores: GRE/GMAT, or LSAT, depending on the applicant.
- Non-refundable $90 Application Fee
Your application fee can be paid online by credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard only. We do not accept cash, wire transfers, bank transfers, or checks.
Recommended (Optional) Materials
- Standardized Tests
We encourage all applicants to submit their GRE, GMAT, or – for students applying for the dual MSFS/JD program – LSAT scores as part of their application. These are not required to apply but are strongly recommended.
- Personal Video Submission
Applicants can upload a short video reflecting their response to a particular topic. Submit your video at the bottom of this page.
Topic: Service is one of the core values of the MSFS program. Please provide a short video (maximum two minutes) describing your commitment to service and how you plan to live out that value during and after completion of the program.
Application Fee Waivers
We may grant application fee waivers to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- McNair Scholars
- Pickering Fellows
- PPIA Fellows
- Rangel Fellows and Scholars
- AmeriCorps alumni
- Foreign Fulbright Scholars
- Graduates from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- Teach For All (including Teach For America)
- Truman Scholars
- Members of the U.S. Military
- MSFS Africa Scholarship Applicants
You can request a fee waiver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least a week before you plan to submit your application. In your email, include documentation which demonstrates that you match one of the above criteria. Please also upload this documentation to your application.
Instructions for Video Upload:
- Record a video (two minutes max.) responding to the topic provided above. Applicants should appear alone in their videos and speak directly to the camera.
- If you record your video on a phone, transfer the file to a computer and upload it from that device.
- Rename the file using the format “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.”
- e.g. “Smith_John”. Please ensure the names exactly match those used on your application.
- Upload the file using the Box.com upload widget (to the right of this text). After uploading your video, please provide the following information when prompted:
- Your full first and last name in the “File Description” field (e.g., “Jonathan Smith”)
- The email address associated with your MSFS application (e.g., “email@example.com”)
- Make sure to indicate you have submitted a video by checking the appropriate box on the Supplemental Data Sheet.
Note: If you need assistance uploading your video submission, contact the MSFS admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.