Thank you for considering making a gift to Georgetown MSFS! The generosity of our alumni and friends is the foundation upon which we build a sustainable, service-oriented program. Each gift made to MSFS contributes to furthering the success of our world’s future leaders. MSFS seeks to foster a passion for civic engagement and the pursuit of social justice in all its students, encouraging a lifelong dedication to serving the greater, global community. With your support, we are able to achieve our mission of leadership in service to the global community.
Online Giving Form Instructions
Financial contributions can be made online via the online giving form. Thank you for your support!
- Gift Information: Please fill out all applicable sections.
- Select if you want a one-time or recurring donation.
- The Designation Section directs the donation to a specific cause. To direct your gift to MSFS, type “Master of Science in Foreign Service” into the box next to “Other Designation.”
- The blue designations box is for you to choose to make your gift anonymous or in memory (or honor) of a loved one.
- If your gift will be matched by an employer, you have included Georgetown in your estate, or you are fulfilling a pledge by making this gift, please check the applicable box(es).
- To be more specific about where your donation will go, add details in the Special Instructions.
- Please ignore the Appeal Code box in this section.
- The Personal Information fields need to be filled in as completely as possible.
- Payment Information: Please enter your credit card data. Online donations made be made using Visa, American Express, or MasterCard.
- Review: Please review your donation information for accuracy.
- Confirmation: This page will include a link to a receipt that you can print out for your records.
Ways to Give
There are several ways in which you can support the MSFS program in achieving its goals. Below are some of the many ways you can direct your gift:
MSFS Director’s Fund: This current use fund supports the greatest needs of the MSFS program, including student tuition scholarships, faculty support, student services, and MSFS technology and facility improvements. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions:” CC2439 Fund 1702 PP3001 PG000817
MSFS Leadership Fund: This fund supports training and programming to advance leadership skill development for MSFS students. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions:” CC2439 Fund 1702 PP7001 PG001429
MSFS Service Scholarships: In line with Georgetown University’s Jesuit tradition of service to others, this fund provides support for MSFS students with past and present service to disadvantaged populations and students pursuing international service careers. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions:” CC2439 Fund 1702 PP7001 PG001881
MSFS Tuition Assistance Fund: This fund offers modest support for select students who experience unexpected financial hardships while enrolled in MSFS. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions:” CC2439 Fund 1702 PP7001 PG002074
Maria Pinto Carland Scholarship: A merit-based tuition scholarship in support of current MSFS students, the Maria Pinto Carland Scholarship honors Maria’s career in guiding and educating MSFS students and alumni. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions”: CC2439 Fund 3101 PP7001 PG999999 EG200961
Morrow Willis Memorial Summer Internship Fund: The MSFS Class of 2015 established the Morrow Willis internship fund to honor their classmate and to support select students pursuing an unpaid internship during their studies at MSFS. Recipients of the award must be MSFS candidates who embody the three characteristics that Morrow exemplified throughout his time at MSFS: Integrity, Fellowship, and Service. To support this endeavor and to ensure your gift is properly directed, please copy and paste the following into “Special instructions”: CC2439 Fund 1702 PP7001 PG005654
The following achievements are only a few examples of the incredible impact previous donations to MSFS have had:
- Salaam Intercultural Resource Center: The MSFS program suite resides in the Salaam Intercultural Resource Center on the 7th floor of the Bunn Intercultural Center. The Resource Center was a gift from the Hany M. Salaam Family in memory of Muhammad S. Salaam, educator and philanthropist.
- R. Smith Simpson Memorial Scholarship: Margaret Simpson Maurin established this fund in memory of her father, R. Smith Simpson, a career Foreign Service Officer. The fund supports students in the Global Politics and Security concentration who want to pursue a career in diplomacy with the U.S. Department of State, particularly within the Foreign Service.
- SoldierStrong Scholarship: This gift was established to provide merit-based scholarships to students who are enrolled in MSFS and who are veterans of the United States military. Learn more about the SoldierStrong program.
Do you have questions about giving to MSFS? Contact Associate Director Erin Guild (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss giving opportunities.