The total cost of attendance for the 2019-2020 school year is $81,000: $54,570 for tuition and mandatory fees and $26,430 for living expenses and other indirect costs. See a detailed breakdown of expenses here. MSFS follows the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences tuition and fees schedule.
NOTE: JD/MSFS tuition for the year the student takes courses exclusively at the School of Foreign Service will be the current annual tuition for the MSFS Program. Tuition for the remaining years will be charged at the Law Center rate. MSFS/MBA students pay MBA tuition rates.
While students are ultimately responsible for financing their graduate education, there are several sources of financial assistance on which MSFS students rely:
- MSFS Merit-Based Scholarships
- U.S. Federal Need-Based Financial Aid
- U.S. Federal Need-Based Financial Aid: Example Loan Packages
- Assistance for Veterans
- Assistance for International Students
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Part-time Employment
- External Resources (Outside of Georgetown)
NOTE: The Office of Student Accounts (OSA) handles billing and method of payment information.