WHEN IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
January 15, 2019 for admission to Fall 2019.
WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE DECISION?
Our target date to publish all decision letters in ApplyYourself is on or before April 1.
A complete application includes the following required materials:
Application form (online - please do not print)
Supplemental Data Sheet & Foreign Language Proficiency (upload to online application form). Please be sure to fill out ALL sections of the form, including the Language Proficiency section on the last page.
Official transcript(s) (hardcopy or electronic) from all colleges/universities attended (in English)
Letters of recommendation (in English)
Resume (may be longer than one page; should reflect professional, volunteer or internship experience in the area of international affairs or policy)
Standardized Tests (TOEFL or IELTS)
Non-refundable $90 application fee
Application fees can be paid online by credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard only. We do not accept cash, wire transfers, bank transfers, or checks.
Application fee waivers are only available for AmeriCorps Alumni, Foreign Fulbright Scholars, Historically Black Colleges and Universities Alumni, McNair Scholars, Pickering Fellows, PPIA Fellows, Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, Rangel Fellows, Rangel Scholars Teach For All Alumni, Truman Scholars, Members of the U.S. Military and MSFS Africa Scholarship Applicants.
Please contact email@example.com with your fee waiver request and documentation confirming your status at least a week before you plan to submit your application, so we can coordinate your fee waiver with the Graduate School. Please also upload the documentation confirming your program status with your application.
Five-year BSFS/MSFS and BSBA/MSFS program applicants must also upload and submit the supplemental form for five-year accelerated program applicants.
recommended but Optional application materials to include:
Standardized Test Scores (GRE or GMAT)
Personal Video Submission that appropriately responds to the topic provided.
Topic: Service is one of the core values of the MSFS program. Please provide a short video (maximum two minutes) describing your commitment to service and how you plan to live out that value during and after completion of the program.
Instructions for Video Upload
- Record a video response to the topic that is no longer than two minutes. Applicants should appear alone in their personal videos and speak to the camera directly.
- If you record the video on a phone, transfer the file to a laptop or desktop computer.
- Rename the file using the format “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.”
- Please ensure the names exactly match the names used on your application, for example, “Smith_Jonathan.”
- Upload the file using the Box.com upload widget (below). Once you choose a file to upload, please provide:
- Your full first and last name in the "File Description" field (e.g., "Jonathan Smith")
- The email address associated with your MSFS application (e.g., "firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Ensure you check the appropriate box on the Supplemental Data Sheet indicating you have uploaded your optional video.