Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the school, attend information sessions, sit in on classes (arranged by the MSFS Admissions Office) and meet with current students. While we cannot accommodate drop-in visitors, there are various ways to arrange a visit to campus:
Information sessions will be offered most Mondays at 4:00 p.m. and Fridays at 2:00 p.m., except during holidays. The session (capped at five attendees) includes a brief presentation by an admissions representative and provides prospective students with an opportunity to ask any relevant questions they might have about the program. Prospective students should email MSFS at email@example.com at least one week in advance of their visit to inquire about availability.
To schedule a class visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what day you plan to visit campus. The MSFS Admissions Office will be happy to arrange for you to meet with an MSFS student and visit one of the classes. We ask that you provide us with at least a one-week notice to make arrangements.
Below is the schedule of Spring 2017 classes available for Class Visits.
- Geographic Information Systems -- Ivan Cheung -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Iraq/Syria: Age of Revolution -- Wael Nabil Alzayat -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- International Mediation: Strategies/Methods -- Chester A. Crocker -- 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Foundations of Corporate Finance -- David Wallis -- 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Public-Private Partnerships -- Mary Cline, Paul Fisher -- 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Ethics & Decision Making -- Nicole Bibbins Sedaca -- 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Conflict Management and International Security -- Chester A. Crocker -- 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Identity & Conflict -- William M. Habeeb -- 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Aspects of Organizational Behavior -- David Walis -- 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Media & World Affairs -- John L. Walcott -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Security Policy in a New Administration -- Joseph Cirincione -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Impact Analysis -- Erwin R. Tiongson -- 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Human Rights in Age of Modern War -- Ian Guest -- 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Good Governance/Capable States -- Benjamin Feit -- 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Financing Social Impact -- Brian Joseph Walsh -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m
- Practical Evaluation -- Audrey-Marie S. Moore, Jessica Jester Quijada -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Trade Law & Policy Practicum -- Andrea Durkin, Andrew Shoyer -- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Currently, we are not offering class visits on Fridays.
Personal interviews are not offered, except for BSFS/MSFS and BSBA/MSFS candidates, for whom an interview is required.
Inclement weather announcements are posted online. MSFS follows the procedures for the "Main Campus."